OXFORD UNIVERSITY ORTHODOX SOCIETY
Talk by Fr Timothy Curtis: "The Orthodox Worldview"
Wednesday 25th November:
6 pm - Vespers (in the church on Canterbury Rd.)7 pm – Talk and Dinner (St. Gregory’s House - across the yard to the left of the church)
Fr Timothy Curtis, from the University of Northampton, will be giving a talk about the Orthodox worldview, how it leads us to the beliefs we hold, and how it differs from other, non-Orthodox worldviews. This talk is especially suitable to invite your non-Orthodox friends to who might be curious about your faith. The more people of different backgrounds in attendance, the more potential for a very interesting discussion!
THE LAS CASAS INSTITUTE
Rt Hon Greg Clark MP - "Rethinking Enterprise And Climate Change"
Blackfriars, Friday 27th November, 1pm
Greg Clark was formerly Head of the Conservative Research Department and a leading international consultant. He holds the Phd from LSE and is a rising star in David Cameron's Conservative Party. Today he is on the Conservative frontbench as Shadow Secretary of State For Climate Change And EnterpriseRSVP Leah Mansfield on email@example.com Tickets are free.
Discussion panel on the 'News from Rome'
University Church, Monday 30th November, at 4.45pm.
The pannel will discuss the implication of Pope Benedict's recent Apostolic Constitution allowing the establishment of Anglican Ordinariates within the Catholic Church.
- Chairman: Canon Brian Mountford, Vicar of the University Church
- The Revd Dr Myra Blyth, Fellow and Tutor in Pastoral Studies and College Chaplain, Regent’s Park College
- The Right Revd Andrew Burnham, Bishop of Ebbsfleet
- Canon Dr Judith Maltby Chaplain and Fellow of Corpus Christ College, Reader in Church History
- Fr Ladislas Orsy SJ D’Arcy Lecturer, Canon Lawyer, Peritus at the Council
- Fr Felix Stephens OSB Master, St Benet’s Hall